109. TO THE WORK
1. To the work! to the work! we are servants of God,
Let us follow the path that our Master has trod;
With the balm of His counsel our strength to renew,
Let us do with our might what our hands find to do.
Toiling on, toiling on, toiling on, toiling on;
Let us hope, Let us watch,
And labour till the Master comes.
To the work! to the work! let the hungry be fed
To the fountain of life let the weary be led!
In the cross and its banner our glory shall be,
While we herald the tidings, “Salvation is free”!
3. To the work! to the work! there is labour for all,
For the kingdom of darkness and error shall fall:
And the name of Jehovah exalted shall be,
In the loud-swelling chorus, “Salvation is free”!
4. To the work! to the work! in the strength of the Lord,
And a robe and a crown shall our labour reward,
When the home of the faithful our dwelling shall be,
And we shout with the ransomed, “Salvation is free!”
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)