113. GO AND TELL THE STORY
1. Go and tell the story to thy friends to-day,
How the Lord of glory met thee on thy way;
How He cleansed thy spir-it from the stain of sin,
Driving out the foes who reigned thy heart within.
Go and tell the story, tell it far and wide;
How the Lord of glory for the sinner died;
And the soul that hears it, and in faith believes,
Straightway he the cleansing from the Lord receives.
2. Go and tell the story, of His pow’r to save,
Of the sinful “legion” sunk beneath the wave;
Tell of His compassion, of his love so true,
Of the wondrous things the Lord hath done for you.
3. Go and tell the story, how he reigns above,
Winning men to glory thro’ His dying love;
How He waits to crown them kings forevermore,
In the home awaiting, on the other shore.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)