124. CHRIST RECEIVETH SINFUL MEN
1. Sinners Jesus will receive!
Sound this word of grace to all
Who the heav’nly pathway leave,
All who linger, all who fall!
Sing it o’er.. and o’er again,..
Christ receive..eth sinful men;..
Make the mes…sage clear and plain….
Christ reveive ..eth singful men…
2. Come: and he will give you rest;
Trust Him; for His word is plain,
He will take the sinful-est;
Christ receiveth sinful men.
3. Now my heart condemns me not;
Pure before the law I stand;
He who cleans’d me from all spot
Satisfied its last demand.
4. Christ receiveth, sinful men;
Even me with all my sin;
Purg’d from ev’ry spot and stain,
Heav’n with Him I enter in.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)