160. THE SHEPHERD OF LOVE
1. The shepherd of Love is seeking the lost
In paths that are rough and steep;
He’s calling the lambs that have gone astray,
He’s calling, calling His sheep.
Out of your darkness of sin and shame,
Into His love, forever the same;
Come to Him now, believe on His name
O answer the call today.
2. The Shepherd of Love knows His sheep by name,
And tenderly leads the way;
O weary one, come to the Shepherd’s fold,
He’s calling, calling today.
3. The shepherd of Love our ransom hath paid,
And offers salvation free;
He’s patiently waiting for thee to come,
He’s calling, calling for thee.
4. The Shepherd of Love now seeketh His sheep,
He seeketh whate’er the cost
Behold, He is calling th wand’rer home,
He’s calling, calling the lost.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)