1. “Almost persuaded:” now to believe;
“Almost persuaded:” Christ to receive;
Seems now some soul to say;
“Go, Spirit, go Thy way:
Some more convenient day
On Thee I’ll call.”
2. “Almost persuaded:” come, come today!
“Almost persuaded:” turn not away!
Jesus invites you here,
Angels are lingering near,
Prayers rise from heart so dear;
O wanderer, come!
3. “Almost persuaded:” harvest is past!
“Almost persuaded:” doom comes at last!
“Almost” cannot avail;
“Almost” is but to fail:
Sad, sad, that bitter wail –
“Almost” – but lost!
GOSPEL REALM: STEPS TO SALVATION
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)