222. SPEED THY SERVANTS, SAVOUR, SPEED THEM
1. Speed Thy servants, Savour, speed them;
Thou art Lord of winds and waves;
They were bound, but Thou hast freed them,
Now they go to free the slaves.
Be Thou with them,
‘Tis Thine arm alone that saves.
2. Friends, and home, and all forsaking,
Lord, they go at thy command;
As their stay Thy promise taking,
While they traverse sea and land:
O, be with them,
Lead them safely by the hand!
3. When no fruit appears to cheer them,
And they seem to toil in vain,
Then in mercy, Lord, draw near them,
Then their sinking hopes sustain;
Let their zeal revive again.
4. In the midst of opposition,
Let them trust, O Lord, in Thee:
When success attends their mission,
Let Thy servants humble be;
Never leave them,
Till thy face in heaven they see:
5. There to reap in joy for ever
Fruit that grows from seed here sown,
There to be with Him, who never
Ceases to preserve His own,
And with gladness
Given the praise to Him alone.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)