1. So send I you – to labour unrewarded,
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown,
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing.
So send I you – to toil for Me alone.
“As the Father hath sent Me,
So send I you.”
2. So send I you – to bind the bruised and broken,
O’er wand’ring souls to work, to weep, to wake,
To bear the burdens of a world a-weary
So send I you- to suffer for My sake.
3. So send I you – to loneliness and longing
With heart a-hung’ring for the loved and known,,
Forsaking home and kindred, friend and dear one
So send I you – to know My love alone.
4. So send I you – leave your life’s ambition,
To die to dear desire, self-will resign,
To labour long and love where men revile you.
So send I you – to loose your life in Mine.
5. So send I you – to hearts made hard by hatred
To eyes made blind because they will not see,
To spend, th’ it be blood to spend and spare not
So send I you – to taste of Calvary.