70. HAVE YOU ANY ROOM FOR JESUS
1. Have you any room for Jesus
He who bore your load of sin?
As He knocks and asks admission,
Sinners, will you let Him in?
Room for Jesus, King of glory,
Hasten no, His word obey,
Swing the heart’s door widely open,
Bid Him enter while you may.
2. Room for pleasure, room for business,
But for Christ the crucified;
Not a place that He can enter,
In your heart for which He died?
3. Have you any time for Jesus,
As in grace he calls again?
O today is time accepted,
Tomorrow you may call in vain.
Room and time now give to Jesus,
Soon will pass God’s day of grace;
Soon thy heart left cold and silent,
And thy Saviour’s pleading cease
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)