74. THE HEART THAT WAS BROKEN FOR ME
1. There came from the skies in the days long ago
The Lord with a message of love;
The world knew Him not; He was treated with scorn –
This wonderful gift from above.
They crowned Him with thorns,
He was beaten with stripes;
He was smitten and nailed to the tree,
But the pain in His heart was the hardest to bear;
The heart that was broken for me..
I’ll take up my cross, I will walk by His side,
For the pathway of duty I see,
I will follow my Lord and abide in His heart,
The heart that was broken for me…
2. He came to His own – to the ones that He loved;
The sheep that had wandered astray;
They heard not His voice, but the
Was hated and driven away.
3. The birds have their nests, and the foxes have holes,
But He had no place for His head;
A pallet of stone on the cold mountain side
Was all that He had for His bed.
4. I cannot reject such a Saviour as He;
Dishonour and wound Him again;
I’ll go to His feet and repent of my sin,
Be willing to suffer the pain.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)