DCLM Daily Manna 31 October 2021 — COME OUT OR PERISH
DCLM Daily Manna 31 October 2021 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Come Out or Perish
TOPIC: Come Out or Perish
1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
🔑📖KEY VERSE: “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues”
As God was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot was told to go and bring out any person he wanted delivered before the fire would fall. He went to his sons-in-law and asked them to come out because God was about to destroy the city but he “seemed as one that mocked” (Genesis 19:14). They remained in Sodom and were eventually consumed with the city.
Also Read: Open Heaven 31 October 2021 – The Lord Strong and Mighty
The bright angel from heaven in our text announced the fall of Babylon. The city was being judged because she had corrupted all the nations. Before this, an announcement was made for God’s people to come out of her lest they become partakers of her sins and plagues. The sins of Babylon had reached up to heaven and so, the judgment could no longer be withheld.
God warns, “come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:17, 18). The “unclean thing” is sin. It may be lying, hatred, anger, adultery, fornication, drunkenness, occultism and so on. All that practice such shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
As it was in the time of Noah and Lot, the world shall soon experience the mighty hand of God’s judgment. This is the time to come out of Babylon and her evil ways through repentance from sin and faith in Christ and His finished work. The world has neglected God’s overtures of love and mercy for so long. “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy” (Proverbs 29:1). Escape today for your life.
✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Don’t partake of the plagues of Babylon, come out.
📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 28-30
Babylon in contrast to the true Church of God
1. The Church of God is the sum total of all the holy saints of Christ who are washed with the blood of Jesus, Acts 20:28.
2. The Bible call her a holy nation, I Peter 2:9.
3. The text described another religious nation called Babylon which is a description of the religious body that will be left during the great tribulation after the Church has gone to heaven, vv2,3.
4. It will be the world, though religious, in its full manifestation without anything called God, vv2,3.
5. Since it will be religious, unifying all the religions at the great tribulation, all kings of the earth will be deceived into it and commits spiritual adultery, called fornication with her, v3.
6. It gives is a description of what constitutes worldliness today:
a. Spiritual darkness, v1. It took a great angel to permeate the darkness and lighten it. It is void of the light of God and truth remaining only the outward
shell of religion.
b. Satanic deception, v2. Satanism, modernised satanic worship etc are the character of that kingdom sphere.
c. Shady doings, v2. As a result of control by “every foul spirit”, their activities are characterised by shady deals, fraud, uncleanness etc, v2.
d. Sexual deification, v2. The god of sexual pervertions and all forms of immoral perversions, seductions and uncleaness will rule the minds of the people without any restraining force. Sexual pervertion will be at its peak.
e. Substance directed, v3. The preoccupation will be about wealth, material things and prosperity. It will be a religion that is centred on earthly accumulation of wealth without any or fake thought of eternity, v3.
f. Sin domination, v5.
Sin will reach its peak and will become the new normal in a way it was never. The Holy Spirit of conviction has been “taken away”, the sense of guilt is gone, v5.
g. Soberless and “delicious living”, v7. It is a pleasure driven and entertainment mad world, full of hilarious living without soberness. There will always be new things to celebrate.
h. Secured but deceived, v7. There is a false sense of security that generates pride and self confidence which make the thought and fear of God unnecessary. But it is all deceptions of Satan for the worldly are the most unsecured on earth and in eternity. Hell fire is their home, v8, I Thessalonians 5:3.
i. These are the things that characterise worldliness and believers should allow the search light of heaven to probe their hearts of any worldly mindset, activities and passions.
7. The end of all worldliness, though it seems modern, delightful by majority and pleasurable, is eternal destructions, v8. The people of the world will perish with the world. Love not the world, I John 2:15-17🙆♂️
8. The only way out is to come out and separate from religious worldliness and seek to please the Lord alone, v4.
Are your garments free from the stains of religious worldliness?🤷♂️
Lord, safe me from the deceptions and allurement of worldliness 🙏
Lord, search me out and convict me of any hidden love of the world and help me to break off totally🙏
Lord, let the love of God overwhelm my heart so that there will be no space for the love of the world 🙏
Lord, purify your saints from every stain of the love of the world🙏
HYMN Search me O God
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)