DCLM Daily Manna 25 July 2022 — Favour Deserves Faithfulness
DCLM Daily Manna 25 July 2022 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Favour Deserves Faithfulness
Click HERE for Previous DCLM Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi
TOPIC: Favour Deserves Faithfulness (DCLM Daily Manna 25 July 2022)
TEXT: Amos 3:1-8 (KJV)
1 Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
4 Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry out of his den, if he have taken nothing?
5 Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all?
6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy?
KEY VERSE: “You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities” (Amos 3:2).
DCLM Daily Manna For Today MESSAGE:
To whom much is given, much is expected. It will be an act of betrayal and a display of ingratitude if one receives so much favour and fails to reciprocate through acts of faithfulness and loyalty. In every sphere of human relationship and interaction, loyalty and faithfulness are expected as commensurate payback for every favour received.
God chose Israel out of the nations of the world to be His own people. He promised that He would make them great and a blessing to all the nations of the world. But Israel chose to sin against God. Disappointed at their unfaithfulness, He declared that He would punish them and no longer walk with them.
Also Read: DCLM Daily Manna 24 July 2022 — Walking In The Truth
Great favour and blessings from God deserve great faithfulness from those He has favoured and blessed. If after we have been blessed by God, we choose to live in total disregard to His word, He will no longer walk with us. To scorn His favour is to court His fury and fierce punishment.
How do we show our gratitude to Jesus for His love unfailing and His tender care? The answer is simple. Be faithful to Him. Love Him. Obey Him. Do His will. There is no better way to respond to the love of God and the goodness, mercy and favour we received from Him at salvation other than binding ourselves to Him with the cord of faithfulness and loyalty. If truly God has been good to us, let us show loyalty to Him. He deserves it.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Every favour deserves faithfulness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Praise God for His unmerited favour, grace and salvation.
- Promise God that you will never be ungrateful and ask God for more grace to be faithful.
- Ask for power to walk deeper and closer with God.
- Ask for the grace of God to come down mightily at the crusade to save all sinners and backliders participating.
HYMN: Close to Thee.(GHS 42)
Also Read: Open Heaven 25 July 2022 – He Will Return!
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)