Open Heaven 1 November 2021 – Victory Over Temptations I
Open Heaven 1 November 2021 Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Victory Over Temptations I
Open Heaven 1 November 2021 TOPIC: Victory Over Temptations I
MEMORISE: Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. – James 1:12
READ: Proverbs 1:11-15 (KJV)
11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ecclesiastes 10-12
Open Heaven 1 November 2021 MESSAGE:
The irony of life in the spiritual realm is that the devil is the prosecutor. The Bible says in Revelation 12 :9 -10:
“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
Despite the scripture above, there are blessings attached to overcoming temptations. Revelation 2:26 says “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:”
It takes genuine love for God to be able to overcome temptations. Joseph in Egypt was able to overcome the temptation of sleeping with his master’s wife because of the love he had for God (Genesis 39:9).
Today’s text gives us some insight as to how we can overcome temptations – we are to avoid the company of sinners and reject their ways. There would always be temptations as long as we are alive. Temptation in itself is not a sin, but falling into it is the sin. The sinful thoughts that the devil flashes at you do not become sins until you begin to entertain and act on them. It is our resistance that makes us overcomers. Hebrews 12:4 says:
“Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.”
We must also avoid doing anything that could bring about temptations. For example, why would you carry a member of the opposite sex that is not your spouse in your lap? Remember: you are still flesh and blood. Let us learn from Joseph who fled Potiphar’s wife’s seduction so as not to sin against God (Genesis 39:7-12).
God has promised to always provide for us a way of escape from every temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13). Joseph used the escape route God provided and the enemy was unable to destroy the glory ahead of him.
I pray you will always overcome every temptation from now, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 1 November 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, “…lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil…” (Matthew 6:13).
Open Heaven 1 November 2021 HYMN 11: I Need Thee Every Hour
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)