OPEN HEAVEN 11 JULY 2021 – HONOURABLE WORKMAN?
OPEN HEAVEN 11 JULY 2021 TOPIC: Honourable Workman?
MEMORISE: But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. – 2 Timothy 2:20
READ: 2 Timothy 2:20-21 (KJV)
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 1-2
Open Heaven 11 July 2021 MESSAGE:
Our God is the God of plan and purpose. He does not do anything without a reason. For example, when He wanted to create man, He said “…Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea…” (Genesis 1:26).
Also, when God sent His only begotten Son to the world, it was for a purpose – “…for he shall save his people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21). Examples are inexhaustible. In the same vein, when God brings us to Himself through the ministry of the Church, it is for a purpose. You are not in Church just to add to the number. Therefore, every child of God must find out the divine purpose for his or her life.
Every child of God must also ensure that he or she is spiritually prepared as a vessel unto honour and not unto dishonour. The striking thing about this truth is that both honourable and dishonourable vessels are found in the Church! Every Christian must therefore ensure that he or she is a vessel unto honour (2 Timothy 2:20).
To be a vessel of honour, every child of God must purge himself or herself of anything sinful. Matthew 5:48 says:
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
2 Corinthians 6:14 says in part, that we should not touch the unclean things; rather we should separate ourselves from the world of darkness. A vessel of honour according to the Psalmist does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scornful (Psalm 1:1).
Beloved, if you want to be used of God for good works, be ready to pay the price of a true disciple and live holy. The Lord will not only use you but He will reward you handsomely according to Mark 10:28-30. As Christians, we have the greatest calling, so let us make ourselves available for good and honourable service.
May the Lord find us to be worthy vessels in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 11 July 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please make me an honourable workman in Your vineyard in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 11 July 2021 HYMN 24: Take My Life, And Let It Be
1. Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as thou shalt choose,
every power as thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne,
it shall be thy royal throne.
6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
at thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee,
ever, only, all for thee.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)