OPEN HEAVEN 12 JUNE 2021: BE A GOOD UNDER-SHEPHERD
OPEN HEAVEN 12 June 2021 TOPIC: Be A Good Under-Shepherd
MEMORISE: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; – 1 Peter 5:2
READ: Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezra 1-2
Open Heaven 12 June 2021 MESSAGE:
The situation in Jeremiah’s time as seen in today’s Bible reading closely reflects the true state of affairs of God’s people. The Bible says that all these were written as examples for those who shall be alive at the end-times. The ongoing fulfilment of end-time prophesies is an indication that the end is near (1 Corinthians 10:11). In this end-time, many pastors and preachers are no longer building precious stones on the Sure Foundation – Jesus Christ. Rather they are building rubble, that is, basing their sermons on modern ideologies in order to make Christianity acceptable to the 21st century generation. 1 Peter 2:2 says:
“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:”
Many modern-day pastors and ministers of the gospel are failing to live by Apostle Paul’s instruction in 2 Timothy 4:2,5:
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine…But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.”
The Bible encourages ministers of the gospel against negligence in their service. Ezekiel 3:11 says:
“…go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear…”
Ezekiel was also told not to consider their unfriendly countenance but rather give the word as he was asked to (Ezekiel 2:6).
As a Christian parent, you need to take cognizance of today’s message for your family. Your home is the God-given flock you are to nurture in the fear of the Lord.
Followers however, also have the duty to crosscheck what they are being taught by their leaders, like the Berean Christians (Acts 17:11).
Are you a shepherd or a wolf? Think about this and may the Lord grant you understanding in Jesus’ Name.
Be a good under-shepherd, building your flock not on the rubble of modern ideologies but on the solid foundation of the word of God. Ensure that you study and teach the undiluted word of the Good Shepherd.
Open Heaven 12 June 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Pray for all genuine ministers around the world, that they will preach the gospel without fear or favour.
Open Heaven 12 June 2021 HYMN 8: Ho, My Comrades! See The Signal
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal, waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing, victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven, “By Thy grace we will.”
2. See the mighty host advancing, Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling, courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving! Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages, but our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander, cheer, my comrades, cheer!
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)