OPEN HEAVEN 12 MAY 2021 – YOU TOO CAN BE A CHILD OF GOD
OPEN HEAVEN 12 MAY 2021 TOPIC: You Too Can Be A Child Of God
MEMORISE: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: – John 1:12
READ: John 1:11-12 (KJV)
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 6-7
Open Heaven 12 May 2021 MESSAGE:
There is virtually nothing anyone can do with power. It is generally described as the ability to act or produce an effect; It can also mean the possession of control, influence, legal and or official authority over others. Power can be physical, mental, political, economic or spiritual. The power we are looking at today however, encompasses all spheres of human endeavours; It is the divine power available for children of God as we see in the memory verse for today.
Seeing that some degree of power is required in order to become a child of God, the question then is how can a person get this power? Beloved, this divine power is given by the Father Himself. If anyone wishes to become a child of God, he or she must first come to the Father in repentance. Many have perished in sin, sickness, poverty, addictions, and other forms of bondage, because they rejected the Gospel of the Father and so did not receive the power to become children of God. Romans 3:23 says:
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
Thus, to become a child of God, you must be born again by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-5). The power to become a child of God is also hidden in the word of God (Ephesians 5:26). You must begin to act on the infallible word of God. It is only then that the power to become His child would come upon you mightily (James 1:22-25).
There are so many rights and privileges of being God’s child. If you are yet to be born again, you are missing a lot. When you become a child of God, you immediately become joint heirs with Jesus Christ in your glory. Thus, you become bold to confront your adversaries and they will flee from you. You receive all-round protection according to Isaiah 54:17. Your prayers will receive speedy answers from your Father in Heaven and finally, you will make it to Heaven when you close your eyes in death. In other words, you will escape the agony of the second death as it is written in Revelation 21 :8. Praise the Lord!
Open Heaven 12 May 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me the power to become Your child today. I reject the devil and his deeds. I confess Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour forever, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 12 May 2021 HYMN 21: Rock Of Ages, Cleft For Me
1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
2. Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)