OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2021 – IN HIS PRESENCE
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2021 TOPIC: In His Presence
MEMORISE: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. – Psalm 16:11
READ: Isaiah 40:28-31 (KJV)
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Corinthians 9-13
Open Heaven 14 April 2021 MESSAGE:
Choosing to be in God’s presence is a thing of wisdom because it guarantees joy and everlasting satisfaction (Psalm 16:11). Therefore, if you are wise, you will always seek to be in His presence. No wonder the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 91:1:
“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”
Only sin can drive a fellow from the presence of God. It was after the fall that Adam and Eve had to run from God’s presence (Genesis 3:8). Jonah also ran from God’s presence and ended up in the belly of the fish simply because of disobedience (Jonah 1:3,15,17). When a man runs from the presence of the Lord, he is heading for destruction.
Our Scripture reading for today contains many miracles that happened in the presence of the Lord. When you dwell in God’s presence, you will never be tired because His attributes rub off on you (Isaiah 40:28-29}. God is never tired, and He is ready to share His strength with those who come into His presence. Elijah and Elisha knew this secret and thus experienced miracles in His presence. In God’s presence, Elijah enjoyed a divinely prepared meal, and he became so strong and swift that not only did he overpower four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, but he also outran the chariot of King Ahab, according to 1 Kings 18. Being in God’s presence also brings divine boldness. Elijah displayed this in 1 Kings 18:15.
As children of God, you must constantly be in God’s presence. Even our Lord Jesus Christ did so. He never compromised the presence of the Father for other activities. Matthew 14:23 and Luke 6:12 detail how Jesus constantly withdrew to the mountain side to commune with His Father. The early Church also cherished God’s presence in prayer and whenever they gathered, there were always earth-shaking incidents (Acts 2:46). The early disciples were with Jesus for just three and a half years, yet the world knew they had been with Him (Acts 4:13).
The more you stay in God’s presence, the more you look and behave like Him (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Open Heaven 14 April 2021 ACTION POINT:
Draw an action plan that will enable you to constantly have effective fellowship with God throughout this year.
Open Heaven 14 April 2021 HYMN 11: I Need Every Hour
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)