Open Heaven 14 September 2021 – The Law Of The Sabbath
Open Heaven 14 September 2021 Topic: The Law Of The Sabbath
MEMORISE: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. – Exodus 20:8
READ: Genesis 2:1-3 (KJV)
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 15-16
Open Heaven 14 September 2021 MESSAGE:
The law of the Sabbath is not an end in itself but a means to an end and that is rest. Rest is a divine blessing which God bestowed upon His creation, particularly mankind. Even the land He gave man to inhabit must enjoy a sabbatical rest (Leviticus 25:2).
“And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” – Genesis 2:2
Rest is not just a commandment from God, but also an act of divine benevolence. Exodus 20:8-11 says:
“8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”
Some children of God are not benefitting from the sabbatical ordinance because they are obsessed with the goals they have set for themselves. While it is good to set goals and have a vision for one’s future (Proverbs 29:18), you must be careful not to be a law breaker; you must not break the sabbatical law. You must take time to rest as and when due.
Another reason God would want us to observe the Sabbath is so that we may find time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. God desires that man should enjoy the labor of his hand. Solomon said:
“There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.” – Ecclesiastes 2:24
I pray that you will not labor for another person to enjoy your harvest, in Jesus’ name. This prayer can only be answered if you set aside at least a day every week to rest and commune with God.
Open Heaven 14 September 2021 ACTION POINT:
You may choose any day in the week to rest from all your labour (Romans 14:4-6), for good health – pleasing the Lord.
Open Heaven 14 September 2021 HYMN 19: Praise Him, Praise Him, Jesus Our Blessed Redeemer
1. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Sing, O Earth, His wonderful love proclaim!
Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest archangels in glory;
Strength and honor give to His holy Name!
Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children,
In His arms He carries them all day long.
Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness;
Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!
2. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died.
He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation,
Hail Him! Hail Him! Jesus the Crucified.
Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows,
Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
3. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
Heav’nly portals loud with hosannas ring!
Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever;
Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King!
Christ is coming! over the world victorious,
Pow’r and glory unto the Lord belong.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)