OPEN HEAVEN 16 MAY 2021 – YOU CAN BE RICH AND RIGHTEOUS
OPEN HEAVEN 16 MAY 2021 TOPIC: You Can Be Rich And Righteous
MEMORISE: Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. – Proverbs 8:18
READ: Malachi 3:10-12 (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Mark 4-5
Open Heaven 16 May 2021 MESSAGE:
Many children of God have misconceptions about prosperity. Some think that being Christian means that they have to be poor, forgetting that God Himself said in Proverbs 8:18:
“Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.”
Imagine God, our Father having the possession of riches and righteousness. This revelation counters the notion that you cannot be righteous and rich at the same time. Today, I decree that the power to get wealth shall come upon you in Jesus’ name.
Those people who think that wealth is alien to God run after the devil and he deceives them into thinking that he has wealth. The devil tried this with Jesus in Luke 4:6-7, but our Saviour knows better. The truth is that only God can give you power to get wealth (Deuteronomy 8:18). He blessed Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in their generations as we see in Genesis 22:15-18; 26:12-14; 32:9-10. When Jabez cried unto God in 1 Chronicle 4:10, God blessed him greatly. Peter, the struggling fisherman, encountered the King of glory at the lake of Gennesaret, and suddenly he became prosperous, looking for additional hands to help him gather his bountiful harvest (Luke 5:4-9). This same God will give you power to get wealth today in Jesus’ name.
The question now is “How do we get this power to become wealthy?” It is simple. Always worship the Lord with fear and trembling. Commit to meditating on His word (Joshua 1:8, Deuteronomy 28:1). You must also not forget to be like Him in your dedication to service. God would only give His riches and honour to diligent people; you must never be lazy or idle. Furthermore, you must keep His commandments in the areas of tithes, offering and first-fruits, remembering the needy, the widow and the orphan (Proverbs 19:17). Finally, you must live and spend your income prudently because Proverb 21:17 says “He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man:…”
We shall be wise, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 16 May 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me the power to get wealth and I will become a channel of blessing to the world.
Open Heaven 15 May 2021 HYMN 25: There Shall Be Showers Of Blessing
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)