Open Heaven 16 October 2021 – Grow In Grace
Open Heaven 16 October 2021 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Grow In Grace
Open Heaven 16 October 2021 TOPIC: Grow In Grace
MEMORISE: And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. – Ephesians 4:24
READ: Ephesians 4:22-25 (KJV)
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 21-25
Open Heaven 16 October 2021 MESSAGE:
The Bible says in Romans 8:5:
“…they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.”
There is therefore the need to find and put on the ‘new man’ according to today’s memory verse. This however, can only be possible through our reliance on the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
To put on the ‘new man’, we must accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. When one submits to the lordship of Jesus Christ, the fellow must endeavor to grow in that new experience so that he or she would not fall away. 2 Peter 3:18 says:
“But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
When a born-again person is not growing, the old man will resurface. We have many such among brethren today- troubling the Body of Christ because they are not growing in grace.
Are you one of those who believe that the gospel of the Lord is outdated and no longer relevant to the 21st century Christian? Are you living your life without any concern for holiness? You need to repent so that the adamic nature will give way to godly lifestyle anchored on the fear of God. This forms the foundation for growing in grace and living holy. This is what Jesus meant when He said:
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” – Matthew 11:29
Apostle Paul said further in Galatians 5:16-17:
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.”
Beloved, today’s memory verse is an express command from God. Let us put on the new man- created in righteousness and true holiness, as the perfect image of the Almighty God.
Open Heaven 16 October 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to grow in grace, to put on the image of Your only begotten Son, in the name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 16 October 2021 HYMN 11: I Need Thee Every Hour
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)