OPEN HEAVEN 18 JUNE 2021 – HUNGER AND THIRST FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS
OPEN HEAVEN 18 June 2021 TOPIC: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness
MEMORISE: Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. – Matthew 5:6
READ: John 4:31-34 (KJV)
31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 22-24
Open Heaven 18 June 2021 MESSAGE:
It is a common saying that salvation is free. While this is true because no one can pay for the salvation Jesus offers, the reality is that Jesus already paid for it on our behalf. Thus, we would be correct if we say salvation is not free after all. Also, it is not free because recipients too have a token to offer in obtaining eternal life, as we will see today.
In Matthew 13:45-46, Jesus describes how precious the Kingdom of God is, by likening it to what a rich man had to sell all his fortune for. In Matthew 5:29-30, Jesus explained how important it is to gain entrance into the Kingdom of God by advising that we do away with anything that would disqualify us from gaining entry into God’s presence, even if it’s our eye!
Today, some Christians are very careless with matters of Heaven. So many people trivialize sin and the harm it is capable of wreaking on their souls. Revelations 21:8 contains a plain truth about the kingdom of God:
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Jesus calls us into free salvation but He adds in Matthew 11:29
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
This is the cost of eternal life – meekness. This is why He said “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5). He also said that blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6). These, no doubt are the cost of discipleship that we must pay to access the free salvation that gives eternal life. Beloved, if you desire eternal life, you must bear the cost even though Jesus has paid the supreme price.
It is sad that today, some leaders in the Church are encouraging people to be comfortable with sin. They explain away the reality of hell and teach grace with gross irresponsibility. You must do away with such people. Today is the day of salvation, now is the acceptable time. Make your way right with God now.
Open Heaven 18 June 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please put in my heart the hunger and thirst for righteousness.
Open Heaven 18 June 2021 HYMN 27: Take My Life And Let It Be
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)