OPEN HEAVEN 22 JUNE 2021 – REMEMBER ME, O LORD II
OPEN HEAVEN 22 June 2021 TOPIC: Remember Me, O Lord II
MEMORISE: And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb. – Genesis 30:22
READ: 1 Samuel 1:17-19 (KJV)
17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.
18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.
19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 10-17
Open Heaven 22 June 2021 MESSAGE:
When we say God always remembers, we do not mean that He forgets things or people. ‘God remembers’ means that He has decided to do something. Our Bible reading for today says God remembered Hannah. God could not have forgotten her because she and her family went to Shiloh every year to worship Him (1 Samuel 1:3). When God remembers an individual in need, his or her problems will become history. Rachel in today’s memory verse had been barren for years. When God remembered her however, she gave birth to the choice son of Jacob – Joseph. When God flooded the earth, Genesis 8:1 says:
“And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;”
Beloved, like Noah and his family came to understand, there are conditions for God’s remembrance. One, you must be godly even among the perverse generations of men. It is said that now, many ‘Christians’ have become ungodly with the excuse that the world is perverted. At the end of time, Noah will be a witness against such people (Matthew 24:37-39). Despite the immoral state of his world, Noah remained godly. No wonder he founded grace with God, and was described as a just and perfect man (Genesis 6:8,9). Two, God must see in you the intent to worship Him before He can remember you for good. Our God is a prudent investor (Genesis 8:20-22).
Hannah, in spite of her state of barrenness, was a devout woman who followed her husband in the worship of Jehovah. It was on one of such occasions that God remembered her and gave her a prophetic proclamation through His priest, which came to pass before the next Shiloh programme. For God to remember you, you must be consistent in His worship. The bible says that it is good to worship the Lord (Psalm 92:1).
As you worship the Lord this year, the Almighty will remember you for good in Jesus’ name. as long as you live in holiness you will experience divine remembrance, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 22 June 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, remember me today. Lord, please bring to manifestation all Your promises concerning me, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 22 June 2021 HYMN 16: O God Our Help In Ages Past
1. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.
4. Thy Word commands our flesh to dust,
“Return, ye sons of men”:
All nations rose from earth at first,
And turn to earth again.
5. A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
6. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downwards by the flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
7. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly, forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the op’ning day.
8. Like flow’ry fields the nations stand
Pleased with the morning light;
The flow’rs beneath the mower’s hand
Lie with’ring ere ’tis night.
9. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)