OPEN HEAVEN 25 JUNE 2021 – IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH!
OPEN HEAVEN 25 June 2021 TOPIC: In Spirit And In Truth!
MEMORISE: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. – John 4:24
READ: John 4:21-24 (KJV)
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 31-35
Open Heaven 25 June 2021 MESSAGE:
It is sad that today, many people pretend to worship God all in the name of religion. They worship in the flesh but not in spirit and truth. This is why Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:5:
“…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
The message of Jesus in the Scripture above was to the religious people of His days and the founding fathers of the Church. This message however still applies today. We cannot be in sin and claim that we are worshippers of the Holy God. 1 John 1:6-9 says:
“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Sadly, many Christian worshippers’ today do not admit sin to be sin; they explain sin away and see it as ‘mistakes’ and mere social misbehaviour. Hence, they neither confess it nor strive to live above it by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Paul, in Galatians 5:19-23, wrote extensively about the works of the flesh which include adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred and so on. If we would worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24), we must not entangle ourselves with sin. Ponder on Romans 12:1-2 below and get the message the Lord is sending to you today:
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
You cannot be a true worshipper without the Holy Spirit and a sound knowledge of the word. Seek the Holy Spirit; also make time to study and meditate on the word of God.
Open Heaven 25 June 2021 ACTION POINT:
Commit to spending time in the presence of the Lord just worshipping Him, as led by the Holy Spirit.
Open Heaven 25 June 2021 HYMN 24: Take My Life And Let It Be
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)