OPEN HEAVEN 27 JULY 2021 – RENEWING THE MIND
OPEN HEAVEN 27 JULY 2021 TOPIC: Renewing The Mind
MEMORISE: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. – Romans 12:2
READ: Romans 12:1-2 (KJV)
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 81-83
Open Heaven 27 July 2021 MESSAGE:
One striking thing about holiness is that it is what makes God who He is. As human beings, if we were to be asked the question “Who is God?” we might say “God is love, God is powerful, God is merciful, God is faithful…” However, if any member of the hosts of heavens were to be asked the same question, they would chorus “God is Holy!” (Isaiah 6:1-4, Revelation 4:6-8). To know God more intimately requires the deep study of His word.
It is imperative for every child of God to study and meditate on the word of God, day and night (Joshua 1:8). Mere reading the word of God is different from studying and serious meditation. Studying is a deliberate effort to gain knowledge.
Meditation on the word of God involves reflecting or pondering on His word. God instructed Joshua to meditate on the word of God day and night because constant meditation leads to good success (Joshua 1:8).
There is a sequence to knowing the Most High more intimately. First, meditate on the word of God on daily basis. Second, be observant enough to obey the word of God unconditionally. To this effect, Deuteronomy 6:6-7 says:
“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.”
Do you desire to know the perfect will of God for every aspect of your life? Renew your mind through constant studying and meditation on the word of God. Keep God’s word in your heart, allow it to take root in your entire being and act on it.
Let God know that you will only do what is pleasing to Him from now and He will never leave you (John 8:29). Your life will become completely transformed by the power of the Most High God, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 27 July 2021 ACTION POINT:
Create a plan for studying the Bible and meditating on a specific Scripture daily. The Bible in one year in this devotional would help.
Open Heaven 27 July 2021 HYMN 14: Jesus My Lord, My God, My All
1. Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
hear me, blest Savior, when I call;
hear me, and from thy dwelling place
pour down the riches of thy grace.
Jesus, my Lord, I thee adore;
O make me love thee more and more.
2. Jesus, too late I thee have sought;
how can I love thee as I ought?
And how extol thy matchless fame,
the glorious beauty of thy name?
3. Jesus, what didst thou find in me
that thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that thou hast brought,
so far exceeding hope or thought!
4. Jesus, of thee shall be my song;
to thee my heart and soul belong;
all that I have or am is thine,
and thou, blest Savior, thou art mine.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)