OPEN HEAVEN 27 JUNE 2021 – WHO DO YOU PRAY TO?
OPEN HEAVEN 27 June 2021 TOPIC: Who Do You Pray To?
MEMORISE: Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, – Psalm 5:2
READ: Psalm 5:1-3 (KJV)
1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 1-3
Open Heaven 27 June 2021 MESSAGE:
The Psalmist, in our memory verse for today, made a great discovery. He found that prayer is very important to anyone who wants to be victorious in life. Not only that, the Person to whom we channel our prayers is even more important. In (2 Kings 6:26-27), we see a woman who misdirected her prayer to the King of Israel when she was in distress. Thank God the king was wise, he redirected her focus to the Lord. We must channel our prayers to the right person. No wonder Psalm 5:3 says:
“…in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”
Luke 18:1-8 paints a true picture of where we should direct our prayers. Only God knows how long it took the judge to pay attention to this helpless widow. However, she did not relent in asking. Jesus Christ said: “Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?” adding “I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” The lesson we should draw from this is that had the woman directed her prayers to God, she would not have suffered from the insensitivity of the judge. We should however also learn persistence from this widow.
Beloved, to whom are you directing your prayers? If it is your pastor, despite the fact that he is God’s representative, you are missing it. Is it the government of your country? No government of this world can adequately solve your problem. The King of Samaria, in (2 Kings 6:26-27), was sincere enough to tell the woman who came to him that he himself was helpless. When we seek solutions to our problems from people, we’re making a god out of them. Seeking solutions from people rather than God leads to disappointment. Jeremiah 17:5 says:
“Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.“
Put your trust in the Almighty God who gives liberally without upbraiding (James 1:5); He will definitely help you.
Open Heaven 27 June 2021 ACTION POINT:
From now, redirect your prayers from men to God and you will never be disappointed.
Open Heaven 27 June 2021 HYMN 20: Praise To The Lord, The Almighty, The King Of Creation
1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation;
O my soul, praise Him, for He is your health and salvation!
Come, all who hear, now to His temple draw near,
Join me in glad adoration.
2. Praise to the Lord, above all things so wondrously reigning;
Sheltering you under His wings, and so gently sustaining!
Have you not seen, all that is needful has been sent by His gracious ordaining?
3. Praise to the Lord, who will prosper your work and defend you;
Surely His goodness and mercy shall daily attend you.
Ponder anew, what the Almighty can do, if with His love He befriend you.
4. Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in me adore Him!
All that has life and breath, come now with praises before Him!
Let the Amen, sound from His people again;
Gladly forever adore Him.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)