Open Heaven 29 September 2021 – Be Holy!
Open Heaven 29 September 2021 TOPIC: Be Holy!
MEMORISE: He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. – Psalm 24:4
READ: Psalm 24:3-6 (KJV)
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 28-29
Open Heaven 29 September 2021 MESSAGE:
Walking with God requires living holy because He is holy. Amos 3:3 says “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?”
“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.” – Genesis 17:1
Our Bible reading for today shows us some fundamental requirements for an acceptable walk with God. The first is clean hands. If your hands are defiled you cannot walk with God. What is it that defiles a person’s hands? Blood money is one. Money belonging to another person or organization that you took unlawfully is another. Also, your hands could be defiled through an illicit premarital or extramarital association. Proverbs 6:27-29 says:
“Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned? So he that goeth in to his neighbour’s wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.”
Only a person with a pure heart can effectively and acceptably walk with God. Jeremiah 17:9 says:
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”
Romans 3:23 says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. At the same time 1 John 1:7-9 says if we confess our sins God is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
May the Lord deliver you from anything that works against your walk with Him, in Jesus’ name. The act of walking with God is not a call to relate with Him as His equal, but one of total submission to His authority and an absolute commitment to follow Jesus. This was made clear in Luke 9:23 and Philippians 2:12. Determination to serve God in holiness, righteousness, in spirit and truth creates the right foundation for walking with the Lord.
Holiness requires dogged determination. Ask yourself in every situation “What would Jesus do?”
Make up your mind to be holy, and the Lord will help you.
Open Heaven 29 September 2021 ACTION POINT:
Father, please help me walk with You in holiness and righteousness for the rest of my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 29 September 2021 HYMN 9: Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty
1. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!
2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.
3. Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in pow’r, in love, and purity.
4. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)