OPEN HEAVEN 31 MAY 2021 – THE CHOICE IS YOURS
OPEN HEAVEN 31 MAY 2021 TOPIC: The Choice Is Yours
MEMORISE: I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: – Deuteronomy 30:19
READ: Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (KJV)
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Hebrews 1-4
Open Heaven 31 May 2021 MESSAGE:
Sometimes, you have to make a choice between two or more alternatives. As long as you are alive, you will always have to make choices; whether in your career, business, of whom to marry, place of residence or who to serve. For every choice made, there is always an alternative forgone. This is why it is very important to make the right choices in life. It is unfortunate that some so-called Christians want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. They want to be in Christ and in the world simultaneously. 1 John 2:15-17 has no meaning to them. Jeremiah 21:8 says:
“And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.”
Beloved, one of the most critical choices you have to make in life is the one between death and life. This is because it determines the kind of life you will live on earth and where you will spend eternity. You see, being a follower of a hero is not as important as knowing his or her final destination. Jesus has made it clear that as many who serve and follow Him will be with Him in glory (John 12:26). Moses called Heaven and earth to witness when he was asking the children of Israel to choose between the god of the gentiles and the God of their fathers – in other words, between the life-giving God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the dead gods of the Philistines and other neighbours among whom they lived. who is your master – Jesus or Satan?
After death, no one would be able to switch over to the destination of a master he or she did not serve while on earth. You cannot be with Jesus in eternity if you were not His follower before death took you away from the earth. You must choose wisely whom you will serve today – Jesus Christ or Satan. Beloved, I encourage you to choose Jesus Christ, the Giver of life, so that you can spend eternity with Him in heaven. Remember, there is no repentance or switching of allegiance in the grave (Hebrews 9:27).
God bless you as you choose Christ today.
Open Heaven 31 May 2021 ACTION POINT:
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour today; if you have already done so, keep living holy for Him.
Open Heaven 31 May 2021 HYMN 22: Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus
1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss:
From vict’ry unto vict’ry, His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished, and Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! The trumpet call obey:
Forth to the mighty conflict, in this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! Stand in His strength alone,
The arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own;
Put on the gospel armor, and watching unto prayer,
Where calls the voice of duty, be never wanting there.
4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! the strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle, the next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh a crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory shall reign eternally.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)