OPEN HEAVEN 5 MARCH 2021 – THE PRAYER OF AGREEMENT
OPEN HEAVEN 5 MARCH 2021 TOPIC: The Prayer Of Agreement
MEMORISE: Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 18:19
READ: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (KJV)
9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 14-16
Open Heaven 5 March 2021 MESSAGE:
There is something very powerful about praying in agreement with someone else. It is something that beats all my mathematical reasoning. For example, Leviticus 26:8 says:
“And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.”
Also See: OPEN HEAVEN 4 MARCH 2021 – VICTORY BY THE BLOOD
If I am to analyse this passage mathematically, when five chase a hundred, it means that they are chasing them at a ratio of 1 to 20. In other words, one chases 20. Thus, you would expect that a hundred would chase two thousand (one hundred people multiplied by twenty). However, they chase ten thousand! That is five times each fellow’s initial capacity.
There is yet another stronger dimension to prayers of agreement. Jesus talked about it thus:
“Again, I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” – Matthew 18:19-20
From what Jesus said in the passage above, if you have been asking Him for something just by yourself and He has been ignoring you, when you find someone to join you in a prayer of agreement, He will certainly answer.
When believers come together in one accord to pray, the heavens are opened. A very good example is what happened at the Upper room in Acts 2:1-2. Another example is when the believers came together to pray for the release of Peter from prison. When believers are really in agreement, not that two of them are quarrelling, but that they are in real agreement, God moves. ,
Probably the best way to put the prayer of agreement into action is when you come together to pray with your spouse. Since the covenant between you two is stronger than that which you have with anybody else, then your prayers of agreement would carry tremendous power.
Open Heaven 5 March 2021 ACTION POINT:
Find a fellow believer to pray with, preferably your spouse if you are married and ask God for something only He can do.
Open Heaven 5 March 2021 HYMN 16: O God Our Help In Ages Past
1. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.
4. Thy Word commands our flesh to dust,
“Return, ye sons of men”:
All nations rose from earth at first,
And turn to earth again.
5. A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
6. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downwards by the flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
7. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly, forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the op’ning day.
8. Like flow’ry fields the nations stand
Pleased with the morning light;
The flow’rs beneath the mower’s hand
Lie with’ring ere ’tis night.
9. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)