Open Heaven 6 September 2021 – You Need Not Fear
Open Heaven 6 September 2021 Topic: You Need Not Fear
MEMORISE: For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. – Romans 8:15
READ: Isaiah 41:10-13 (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 11-12
Open Heaven 6 September 2021 MESSAGE:
The Scripture contains a lot of “fear not” statements from God to His people. Fear is one tool the enemy finds most useful in making the children of God suffer failure, pain and destruction of destiny. Many a time, the things people are afraid of are not real, but their minds paint an imaginary picture of the object or situation out of proportion with the reality and the enemy helps to blow it up. Thus, people become afraid of things that should not instill fear in them. Certainly, there are some situations that are truly terrifying, but the Lord our God still charges us not to be afraid, He wants us to know that with Him backing us up, nothing and no situation can have us at its mercy. Isaiah 41:10 says:
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Fear is an enemy; it paralyses the potential for greatness. The Bible says fear has torment (1 John 4:18). Fear makes the one full of it disobedient to God; fear makes a fellow lift his or her situation higher than God, such was the case of King Saul who confessed that he had sinned because he feared the people and obeyed their voice, even against the instruction of God (1 Samuel 15:24). Being fearful is a sin that can lead one into eternity in the lake of fire. Revelation 21:8 says:
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Of these sins, fearfulness is number one on the list. You have no business being fearful. Jesus our Lord is greater than any human being no matter his or her status; He is greater than any situation. Nothing and no one is a match for Him.
Colossians 2:15 says Jesus has spoiled principalities and powers. Isaiah 8:12-13 says we should not fear their fear, but fear only God. Once we fear God, we would have no one else to fear. You cannot claim to fear God and others at the same time.
Open Heaven 6 September 2021 ACTION POINT:
Go on your knees and confront anything, person or situation tending to make you afraid, in the name of Jesus. Command the spirit of fear to depart from you by fire, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 6 September 2021 HYMN 11: I Need Thee Every Hour
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)