OPEN HEAVEN 8 JULY 2021 – A WITNESS FOR GOD OR SATAN?
OPEN HEAVEN 8 JULY 2021 TOPIC: A Witness For God Or Satan?
MEMORISE: A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish. – Proverbs 19:9
READ: Mark 14:57-59, Acts 1:8 (KJV)
57 And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,
58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
59 But neither so did their witness agree together.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 54-56
Open Heaven 8 July 2021 MESSAGE:
In Exodus 20:16 God commanded that we should not bear false witness against our neighbours. The consequences of being a false witness are found in Proverbs 19:9 where the Bible says:
“A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.”
Wicked people rely on false witnesses to perpetrate their evil deeds. It was the false witness of Rehum the chancellor, Shimshai the scribe and their cohorts against the Jews that halted the rebuilding project of Zerubbabel according to Ezra Chapter 4. These people wrote false allegations against the Jews and their leadership, then sent the document to King Artaxerxes.
“Then ceased the work of the house of God which is at Jerusalem. So it ceased unto the second year of the reign of Darius king of Persia.” – Ezra 4:24
The consequences of false witness can be unimaginable. False witnessing shall not destroy your destiny in Jesus’ name.
The only way the Jewish leaders could get Jesus crucified was through false witnessing. The Bible says:
“For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.” – Mark 14:56
Despite the conspiracy, there were discrepancies in their reports. The lessons to learn here is that, as Christians, we must live above board like our Master if we shall not become easy prey to the accuser of the brethren. In the same vein, we must learn to be transparent and honest. This will prevent us from being false witnesses.
When we engage in false witnessing and other forms of falsehood, we crucify Jesus Christ over and over again. In what areas of your life are you being a false witness – a fake affidavit, a false claim that you are married with so many children whereas you are still single? May that lying spirit not blot your name from the book of life in Jesus’ name. Be a witness to the Truth; Jesus is the Truth personified, as clearly stated in John 1:17 and John 14:6.
Ask yourself today: are you a witness for God or Satan?
Open Heaven 8 July 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please deliver me from every lying spirit and help me to be a true witness for Jesus Christ.
Open Heaven 8 July 2021 HYMN 14: Jesus My Lord, My God, My All
1. Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
hear me, blest Savior, when I call;
hear me, and from thy dwelling place
pour down the riches of thy grace.
Jesus, my Lord, I thee adore;
O make me love thee more and more.
2. Jesus, too late I thee have sought;
how can I love thee as I ought?
And how extol thy matchless fame,
the glorious beauty of thy name?
3. Jesus, what didst thou find in me
that thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that thou hast brought,
so far exceeding hope or thought!
4. Jesus, of thee shall be my song;
to thee my heart and soul belong;
all that I have or am is thine,
and thou, blest Savior, thou art mine.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)