DCLM Daily Manna 22 July 2022 — Sin Of Betrayal
DCLM Daily Manna 22 July 2022 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Sin Of Betrayal
Click HERE for Previous DCLM Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi
TOPIC: Sin Of Betrayal (DCLM Daily Manna 22 July 2022)
TEXT: Job 22:1-20 (KJV)
1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said,
2 Can a man be profitable unto God, as he that is wise may be profitable unto himself?
3 Is it any pleasure to the Almighty, that thou art righteous? or is it gain to him, that thou makest thy ways perfect?
4 Will he reprove thee for fear of thee? will he enter with thee into judgment?
5 Is not thy wickedness great? and thine iniquities infinite?
6 For thou hast taken a pledge from thy brother for nought, and stripped the naked of their clothing.
7 Thou hast not given water to the weary to drink, and thou hast withholden bread from the hungry.
8 But as for the mighty man, he had the earth; and the honourable man dwelt in it.
9 Thou hast sent widows away empty, and the arms of the fatherless have been broken.
10 Therefore snares are round about thee, and sudden fear troubleth thee;
11 Or darkness, that thou canst not see; and abundance of waters cover thee.
12 Is not God in the height of heaven? and behold the height of the stars, how high they are!
13 And thou sayest, How doth God know? can he judge through the dark cloud?
14 Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.
15 Hast thou marked the old way which wicked men have trodden?
16 Which were cut down out of time, whose foundation was overflown with a flood:
17 Which said unto God, Depart from us: and what can the Almighty do for them?
18 Yet he filled their houses with good things: but the counsel of the wicked is far from me.
19 The righteous see it, and are glad: and the innocent laugh them to scorn.
20 Whereas our substance is not cut down, but the remnant of them the fire consumeth.
KEY VERSE: “Is not thy wickedness great? and thine iniquities infinite?” (Job 22:5).
DCLM Daily Manna For Today MESSAGE:
Williams Shakespeare in “Julius Caesar” dramatised the conspiracy that led to the assassination of Emperor Julius Caesar in a way that highlights the gravity of betrayal. In the book, Julius Caesar confronted the conspirators with the braveness of a warrior until he saw Marcus Brutus, a trusted ally, raised his sword and stabbed him. He suffered more pain and shock from the betrayal of a friend.
Also Read: DCLM Daily Manna 21 July 2022 — Can Darkness Cover?
Eliphaz, in our text, tried to convict Job by speaking of his perceived sins. He and his companions condemned him in general as a wicked man and an hypocrite but Eliphaz went further to speak about specific sins and crimes that he alleged were committed by Job. The accusation of Eliphaz contradicts the stand of God who had earlier testified about the integrity and perfection of Job. We must, therefore, note that it is not what men say about us that really matter, but the testimony of God concerning us.
We should not be surprised when false accusations are raised against us in the church, workplace, community where we live or our immediate or extended family. The same was done to Jesus and the apostles. We must also avoid fighting back or revenge. The Scriptures say, “Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves …for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord” (Romans 12:19). Finally, we must “Pray for them which despitefully use [us], and persecute [us]” (Matthew 5:44).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Those who condemn the servants of God will incur His wrath.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Ask for forgiveness for all your former sins of presumption.
- Lord teach me to always say NO to the temptation to fall into the sins of presumption.
- Lord, give me the right spirit to always verify the truthfulness of information before carrying them out to others.
- Purge us all O Lord from the sin of presumption and its tendency.
HYMN: Search me O God.(GHS 177)
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)