DCLM Daily Manna 30 July 2022 — Transformed Mindset
DCLM Daily Manna 30 July 2022 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Transformed Mindset
Click HERE for Previous DCLM Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi
TOPIC: Transformed Mindset (DCLM Daily Manna 30 July 2022)
TEXT: John 4:28-42 (KJV)
28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,
29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?
34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.
39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
41 And many more believed because of his own word;
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
KEY VERSE: “Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” – (John 4:35).
DCLM Daily Manna For Today MESSAGE:
Mindset is a habitual mental attitude that determines how a person interprets and responds to situations. Our mindset therefore affects our perception of things around us, what is urgent and important and what our response should be. The fog of socio-cultural background has the ability to set our mind on a tangent of biased perception. For instance, Apostle Peter’s initial reluctance to visit and minister to Cornelius’ household because of Jewish traditions.
Also Read: DCLM Daily Manna 29 July 2022 — The End Is Near!
Christ’s disciples had gone into the city to buy necessary victuals and had left Him tired and hungry. On returning, they met Him discussing with a Samaritan woman. Looking askance to one another, they questioned if someone had brought Him some meal. Christ knew they had missed the whole episode of witnessing and bringing the woman into the Kingdom. For Him, doing the will of God, which is seeking and saving the lost, gives Him great joy. He then directed them to look aright and see what He was seeing: ready souls waiting for harvest.
As we traverse the cities daily, do we see men as incorrigible sinners or as never dying souls created by God? If the world does not care about them, we should.
To be of help to them, our minds must be renewed through genuine salvation and steady study of God’s word. That is the only way we can see what He shows, hear what He says and do His perfect will.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The best mindset is a product of a mind set in Christ.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Oh Lord, let the light of your word be shining over and destroying all my mindset that are contrary to truth.
- Touch my mindset and let me be seeing the lost sinners the way you are seeing them.
- Holy Spirit, be showing me the vision of heavenly things and let my affections be set on high.
- Lord, use this crusade to dismantle the mindset of fear, unbelief, impossibility mentality and sin in the life of all participants.
HYMN: Open mine eyes. (GHS 210)
Also Read: Open Heaven 30 July 2022 – Until Your Joy Be Full II
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)