102. THE HEALER
1. On the Cross crucified,
In great sorrow He died;
The Giver of life was He –
Yet my Lord was despised and rejected of men,
This Jesus of Calvary.
He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
Surely He bore our sorrows,
And by His stripes we are healed.
2. Price for healing was paid,
As those cruel stripes were made,
Within Pilate’s judgment hall-
Now His suff’ring afford perfect healing for all,
This wonderful Healer’s mine.
3. Came the leper to Christ
Saying “Surely I know,
That Thou, Lord, canst made me whole.”-
When his great faith was seen Jesus said, “Yes, I will.”
And touched him and made him clean.
4. He has healed my sick
Made me ev’ry whit whole,
And He’ll do the same to you –
He’s the same yesterday and today and for ever,
This Healer of men today.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)