111. RESCUE THE PERISHING
1. Rescue the perishing, Care for the dying,
Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;
Weep o’er the erring one, Lift up the fallen,
Tell them of Jesus, the Mighty to save.
Rescue the perishing,
Care for the dying;
Jesus is merciful,
Jesus will save.
2. Though they are slighting Him, Still He is waiting,
Waiting the penitent child to receive.
Plead with them earnestly, plead with them gently,
He will forgive if they only believe.
3. Down in the human heart, Crushed by the tempter,
Feelings lie buried that grace can restore;
Touched by a loving hand, Wakened by kindness,
Chords that were broken will vibrate once more.
4. Rescue the perishing, Duty demands it;
Strength for thy labour the Lord will provide;
Back to the narrow way Patiently win them;
Tell the poor wanderer a Saviour has died.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)