117. SHOW A LITTLE BIT OF LOVE AND KINDNESS
1. Sing a song, spread some cheer,
There are sad and lonely people ev’rywhere;
Be a friend, show some love,
It will lift them from the dungeons of despair.
Show a little bit of love and kindness,
Never go along with hatred’s blindness,
Take a little time to reach for joy, and wear a happy face;
Sing a little bit when the days are dreary,
Give a little help to a friend who’s weary-
That’s the way to make the world a happy place!
2. Offer help, bring some hope,
To the fainting and discouraged on life’s road;
See a need, lend a hand,
There are many who are crushed beneath their load.
3. Be a light, show the way,
Be a light within the night for those astray;
Speak a word, loving word,
That will bring them back to walk the narrow way.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)