182. BLESSED ARE TH PURE IN HEART
1. Blessed are the pure in heart,
They have learned the angel art,
While on earth in heaven to be,
God, by sense unseen, to see.
Cleansed from sin’s offensive stain,
Fellowship with Him they gain;
Nearness, likeness to their Lord,
Their exceeding great reward.
2. Worshipping in spirit now,
In His inner court they bow-
Bow before the brightening veil,
God’s own radiance through it hail.
Serious, simple of intent,
Rapt, they search the written Word
Till His very voice is heard.
3. In creation Him they own,
Meet Him in its haunts, alone;
Most amidst its Sabbath calm,
Morning light and evening balm.
Him they still through busier life
Trust in pain, and care, and strife;
These, like clouds, o’er noontide blaze,
Temper, not conceal, His rays.
4. Hallowed thus their every breath:
Dying, they shall not see death,
With the Lord in paradise,
Till, like His, their bodies rise.
Nearer than the seraphim
In their flesh shall saints see Him,
With the Father, in the Son,
Through the Spirit, ever one.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)