1. “Called unto holiness,” Church of our God,
Purchased of Jesus, redeemed by His blood;
Called from the world and its idols to flee,
Called from the bondage of sin to be free.
“Holiness unto the Lord,” church of our God,
watchword and song,
“Holiness unto the Lord,” as we’re
Sing…it; shout it, lout…and long,
“Holiness unto the Lord,” now and for ever.
2. “Called unto holiness,” children of Light,
Walking with Jesus in garments of white;
Raiment unsullied, nor tarnished with sin,
God’ Holy Spirit abiding within.
3. “Called unto holiness,” praise His dear name,
This blessed secret to faith now made plain,
Not our own righteousness, but Christ within,
Living and reigning, and saving from sin.
4. “Called unto holiness,” glorious thought!
Up from the wilderness wanderings brought
Out from the shadows and darkness of night
Into the Canaan of perfect delight.
5. “Called unto holiness,” Bride of the Lamb,
Waiting the Bridegroom’s returning again;
Lift up your heads, for the day draweth near.
When in His beauty the King shall appear.