237. PEACE! PERFECT PEACE!
1. Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
2. Peace, perfect peace, by thronging duties pressed?
To do the will of Jesus, this is rest.
3. Peace, perfect peace, with sorrows surging round?
On Jesus’ bosom naught but calm is found.
4. Peace, perfect peace, with loved ones far away?
In Jesus’ keeping we are safe and they.
5. Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
6. Peace, perfect peace, death shadowing us and ours?
Jesus has vanquished death and all its powers.
7. It is enough; earth’s struggles soon shall cease,
And Jesus call to heaven’s perfect peace.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)