1. O for a heart to praise my God,
A heart from sin set free,
A heart that always feels Thy blood
So freely spilt for me.
2. A heart resigned, submissive, meek,
My great Redeemer’s throne,
Where only Christ is heard to speak,
Where jess reigns alone.
3. A humble, lowly, contrite heart,
Believing, true, and clean;
Which neither life nor death can part
From Him that dwells within
4. A heart in every thought renewed,
And full of love divine;
Perfect, and right, and pure, and good,
A copy, Lord, of Thine.
5. Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart;
Come quickly from above,
Write Thy new name upon my heart,
Thy new, best name of love. Amen.