1. Jesus shall reign where’er the sun
Doth his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
Till sun shall rise and set no more.
2. For Him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown His head;
His name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of every tongue
Dwell on His love with sweetest song;
And infant voices shall proclaim
Their young hosannas to His name.
4. Blessings abound where’er he reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains;
The weary find eternal rest;
And all the sons of want are blest.
5. Where He displays His healing power;
Death and the curse are known no more,
In Him the tribes of Adam boast
More blessings than their father lost.
6. Let every creature rise and bring,
Its greatest honours to our King;
Angels descend with songs again,
And earth prolong the joyful strain.