225. BURN, FIRE OF GOD!
1. Burn, fire of God! My ransomed soul possessing;
Pure fire Thou art, and I would dwell in Thee.
Light of my life, true source f ev’ry blessing,
Grant all my days one holy flame to be.
2. Burn, fire of God! Thy grace and glory knowing,
My cleansed heart shall be all fire within:
Love all-constraining, tenderness o’erflowing,
One kindling passion other lives to win.
3. Burn, fire of God! Thy cloven tongue bestowing,
Baptizing me with heavenly energy.
Touched with live coals from off Thine altar glowing,
My purged lips shall speak alone of Thee.
4. Burn, fire of God! With
Till mirrored from my deeps Thine eyes shall see.
In purest gold Thy perfect image shining:
Thy Christ revealed in clear irradiancy.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)