226. THY BLESSED WILL DIVINE
1. I want my life to be all filled with praise to Thee,
My precious Lord divine who died for me,
Let all my will be Thine, controlled by love divine,
Live out in me Thy life, O mighty saviour.
Thy blessed will divine, with joy I make it mine
My heart shall be Thy throne, and Thine alone,
Choose Thou the path I tread and whither I am led,
Help me to follow on, O mighty Saviour.
2. A pilgrim born anew, a stranger going through,
Not of this world am I, since I am Thine.
Weaned from its passing show, transformed Thy love to know,
Hold Thou my hand in Thine, O mighty Saviour.
3. When evil foes assail and almost would prevail,
In that dark hour be Thou my strength and shield.
Lend then Thy strong embrace, uphold me by Thy grace,
In weakness be my strength, O mighty Saviour.
4. Yea, choose the path for me, although I may not see
The reason Thou dost will to lead me so.
I know the toilsome way will lead to realms of day.
Where I shall dwell with Thee, O mighty Saviour.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)