230. BRING YOUR VESSELS NOT A FEW
1. Are you looking for the fullness of blessing
of the Lord
In your heart and life today?
Claim the promise of your Father;
come according to His word,
In the blessed old-time way.
He will fill your heart today to overflowing,
As the Lord commandeth you,
“Bring your vessels, not a few;”
He will fill your heart today to overflowing
With the Holy Ghost and power.
2. Bring your empty earthen vessels, clean thro’
Jesus’ precious blood,
Come, ye needy, one and all;
And in Human consecration wait before the
throne of God,
Till the Holy Ghost shall fall.
3. Like the cruse of oil unfailing is His grace
And His love unchanging still;
And according to His promise with the
Holy Ghost and power;
He will every vessel fill.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)