220. WHEN I SAW THE CLEANSING FOUNTAIN
1. When I saw the cleansing fountain
Open wide for all my sin,
I obeyed the spirit’s wooing
When he said “Wilt thou be clean?”
I will praise Him, I will praise Him, praise Him,
Praise the Lamb for sinners slain:..
Give Him glory all ye people,
For His blood has washed away my stain.
2. Though the way seemed straight and narrow,
All I claimed was swept away;
My ambition, plans and wishes,
At my feet in ashes lay.
3. Then God’s fire upon the altar
Of my heart was set aflame;
I shall never cease to praise Him,
Glory! Glory! to His name.
4. Blessed be the name of Jesus,
I’m so glad he took me in;
He has pardoned my transgressions,
He has cleansed my heart from sin.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)