242. A GOOD HIGH PRIEST IS COME
1. A Good High Priest is come,
Supplying Aaron’s place,
And taking up his room,
Dispensing life and grace,
The law of Aaron’s priesthood came,
But grace and truth by Jesus’ name.
2. He once temptations knew,
And woes of every kind,
That He might succour show
To every tempted mind;
In every point the Lamb was tried
Like us, and then for us He died.
3. He died, but lives again,
And by the altar stands;
There show, how, He was slain,
Opening His pierced hands;
Our Priest abides, and pleads our cause,
Transgressors of His righteous laws.
4. I other priests disclaim,
Their laws and offerings too;
None but the bleeding Lamb
The mighty work can do;
He shall have all the praise, for He
Hath loved and lived and died for me.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)