83. THY WORD HAVE I HID IN MY HEART
1. Thy Word is a lamp to my feet,
A light to my path always;
To guide and to save me from sin,
And show me the heavenly way.
Thy word have I hid in my heart
That I might not sin against Thee,..
That I might not sin, that I might not sin
Thy word have I hid in my heart.
2. Forever, O Lord, is Thy word
Established and fixed on high;
Thy faithful unto all men
Abideth forever nigh.
3. At morning, at noon and at night
I ever will give Thee praise;
For Thou art my portion, O Lord,
And shall be through all my days!
4. Thro’ Him whom Thy word hath foretold,
The Saviour and Morning Star;
Salvation and peace have been bro’t
To those who have strayed afar.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)