DCLM Daily Manna 12 October 2021 — God Needs Your Resources
TOPIC: GOD NEEDS YOUR RESOURCES
📜 TEXT:2 CORINTHIANS 9:8-15📜
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
13 Whiles by the experiment of this ministration they glorify God for your professed subjection unto the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal distribution unto them, and unto all men;
14 And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you.
15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
🔑📖KEY VERSE: “For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God” (2 CORINTHIANS 9:12).
The most difficult thing for many Christians is giving generously to God’s work. It is at this point that people begin to debate about how much they gave in the past. Some become economical with their resources, fearful that they may suffer lack if they were to give all the money that is required for God’s work.
Also Read: Open Heaven 12 October 2021 – Victory Through Holiness
But the Apostle Paul does not mince words in emphasising that God does not lavish His blessings on believers for nothing. He expects that what He gives us should be invested in His work. When we obey, we will not lack anything but be enriched abundantly by heaven. Giving to the poor, he says, is an act of righteousness. He illustrates Christian giving with sowing seed in the farm. Although little is planted, much is always harvested. When believers are enriched because of their generous giving, it brings thanksgiving to God. When those who benefit from your generosity glorify God for your actions, it shows that you are living according to the gospel of Christ. For this, they give thanks to God even as they pray that God will bestow more blessings on you.
We must never hesitate to give towards God’s work or to His people. Our generosity honours Him and gladdens the hearts of needy believers. This is the greatest benefit of our giving; not just that people will pray for us or that it will bring us more wealth; but that it is an act of worship that glorifies God. And the more we invest the riches God has bestowed on us in His work, the more He will provide abundantly for us.
Moreover, the Lord regards any good done to His children as good done to Him. There will be great rewards for those brethren who care for the less endowed in the church and judgment for the miserly.
✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Heaven is glad when we give to lift up the poor.
📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ISAIAH 26-29📜
The blessedness of giving
1. God responds by giving you abundant grace and favour in different areas, v8.
2. You will have sufficiency in all aspects of life, v8.
3. It will be counted to you as righteousness and the eternal reward of righteousness will follow, v9.
4. No lack of food supplies, v10.
5. The multiplication of what you give will be returned to you, v10.
6. Divine enrichment in all areas, v11.
7. God is glorified through thanksgivings from the recipients, v11.
8. Saints are happy because their needs are met and God is glorified, v11.
9. Recipients will shower prayers on you, v12.
10. Any other benefits of giving in the text?
Note: Giving is not only in cash, it can be in kind, praise, thanksgiving and consecration to serving God and others.
Thinking about the blessedness of giving above, how blessed is it to be a giver?
Ponder God gave His Son and He gained the Son back with billions of souls redeemed unto God who offer unto Him eternal praises and thanksgivings to His glory👌
What if God had not released His Son?🤷♂️
1 Praise God because He is the greatest Giver👏
2. Ask God to give you the heart that is sensitive to the needs of those around you🙏
3. Ask for giving grace to every member of the Church🙏
4. Ask for grace to give your very best for the coming crusade 🙏
LITTLE IS MUCH WHEN GOD IS IN IT
1 In the harvest field now ripened
There’s a work for all to do;
Hark! the voice of God is calling
To the harvest calling you.
Little is much when God is in it,
Labor not for wealth or fame;
There’s a crown, and you can win it,
If you go in Jesus’ name.
2. Does the place you’re called to labor
Seem too small and little known?
It is great if God is in it,
And He’ll not forget His own. Refrain
3 When the conflict here is ended
And our race on earth is run,
He will say, if we are faithful,
“Welcome home, My child, well done!”
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)