Open Heaven 13 October 2021 – Are You A Spiritual Pacesetter?
pen Heaven 13 October 2021 TOPIC: Are You A Spiritual Pacesetter?
MEMORISE: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. – 1 Corinthians 11:1
READ: 1 Corinthians 11:1-2 (KJV)
1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 6-10
Open Heaven 13 October 2021 MESSAGE:
While it is true that there are spiritual pacesetters in the body of Christ today, it is however most unfortunate that such people are quite few. 1 Thessalonians 1:6-7 says:
“And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.”
One thing we can learn from the apostles of old is that they received the word of God with joy. Modern day Christians however, have a habit of selecting what part of the word of God to obey. Nowadays, preachers carefully select messages that would not be considered ‘offensive’ by their congregations. Let every minister of God take heed to the following words:
“21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?” Romans 2:21-22
Apart from warning evildoers and sinners against wickedness, a spiritual pacesetter must live by what he or she preaches. A Christian must shine brightly as light in this world (Matthew 5:14), living by the word of God. Acts 1:1 says:
“….of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,”
Jesus practiced His teachings. The early disciples also preached the gospel and lived their lives according to the word of God. They preached the gospel with both their words and their lifestyles.
Christians should set the pace for unbelievers in holiness. We are called to be examples to our generation. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 5:16:
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
God expects Christians, as ambassadors of Christ in this world, to live by example. May you not disappoint God in your daily living, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 13 October 2021 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please make me a spiritual pacesetter so that millions may come to Your kingdom through me, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 13 October 2021 HYMN 8: Ho, My Comrades! See The Signal
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal, waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing, victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven, “By Thy grace we will.”
2. See the mighty host advancing, Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling, courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving! Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages, but our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander, cheer, my comrades, cheer!
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)