DCLM Daily Manna 29 October 2021 — Retribution for Impenitence
DCLM Daily Manna 28 October 2021 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Retribution for Impenitence
TOPIC: RETRIBUTION FOR IMPENITENCE
📜 TEXT:JEREMIAH 13:1-14 📜
1 Thus saith the LORD unto me, Go and get thee a linen girdle, and put it upon thy loins, and put it not in water.
2 So I got a girdle according to the word of the LORD, and put it on my loins.
3 And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying,
4 Take the girdle that thou hast got, which is upon thy loins, and arise, go to Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole of the rock.
5 So I went, and hid it by Euphrates, as the LORD commanded me.
6 And it came to pass after many days, that the LORD said unto me, Arise, go to Euphrates, and take the girdle from thence, which I commanded thee to hide there.
7 Then I went to Euphrates, and digged, and took the girdle from the place where I had hid it: and, behold, the girdle was marred, it was profitable for nothing.
8 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
9 Thus saith the LORD, After this manner will I mar the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem.
10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
11 For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
12 Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
13 Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David’s throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
🔑📖KEY VERSE: “This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing”
One of the most effective tools in teaching is the use of aids. This involves the use of visual, audio, audio-visual or life samples that learners can easily relate with and that can help drive the lesson home to the learners and help them understand and retain the knowledge and experience gained for a long time.
Also Read: Open Heaven 29 October 2021 –timely and cheerful giving
In the text, Jeremiah was commanded to take a linen girdle to River Euphrates and hide it there. When later he was instructed to go and retrieve it, the girdle had become marred and “good for nothing”. He was then commanded to go and prophesy to the people that just as the girdle had become good for nothing and useless, so shall they be when God would bring His judgment upon them for their idol worship and disobedience.
The unfortunate story of Israel’s continual backslidings, which started in the wilderness had made them unable to fulfil God’s destiny for them. In our study, and in many other instances, one would see God’s displeasure at their conduct and obstinacy. It is for the benefit of man that he fears God and keeps His commandments. Every member of Christ’s Church ought to, by benefit of hindsight, learn from Israel’s mistakes and avoid all those pitfalls that crippled their walk with God.
The expectancy of an endless joy in Christ’s everlasting kingdom must keep the believer alive and vigilant against anything that may soil his garment of righteousness. Only then will he be counted worthy to walk with Christ in white (Revelation 3:4).
✍🏽THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Judgment inevitably comes when the sinner fails to repent.
📜THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 22-24
UNDERSTANDING GOD’S DEALING WITH MEN- LESSONS FROM ISRAEL AND PROPHET JEREMIAH
1. Jeremiah was given instruction to travel from Jerusalem to Euphrates without God giving him reasons for such an instruction and he obeyed without hesitation, vv1-5.
Lesson When reasons or commonsense cannot comprehend God’s instructions, the godly will yield to obedience without argument👌
2. Jeremiah was to travel or trek to Euphrates twice, covering about 2000km altogether. This will take some months. Painful, wearisome and time consuming,vv5,6.
Lesson When God’s command appears wearisome, painful and time consuming, the godly keeps obeying unlike the ungodly Israel, v10.
3. Israel, the Lord’s girdle, lost that relationship, care and closeness, vv10,11.
Lesson There is no privilege and blessings that you have from God that you cannot loose. So guard them jealously.
4. Israel was declared good for nothing though still existing, v7.
Lesson A living person can be declared good for nothing by God when they are no more fulfilling their divine purpose. In such a case, God can take such away, regardless of his age and status, at any time.
Are you fulfilling your divine purpose?
Do you have that witness in your spirit?🤷♂️
1. Lord, I ask for more love and holy fear that will always obey you without question🙏
2. Give me grace that no sacrifice will be too big to give you🙏
3. Lord, put me at the centre of your purpose for my life and deliver me from personal agendas and distractions🙏
4. Lord, work in all your children to be living a life profitable unto you🙏
1.Just as God who reigns on high
Spake to men in days gone by;
So the Lord is calling men today;
And, my brother, this is true,
Whatsoe’er He says to you,
There is but one thing to do –Just obey.
Just obey . . ., just obey . . .,
Is the way . . ., God’s way . . .,
When His message comes to you,
There is but one thing to do:
Just obey . . . just obey.
2.If you’re in the Saviour’s hands,
You must do as He commands,
For there is no other gospel way;
Never put the message by,
Never stop to reason, “why?”
When the Saviour speaks to you – Just obey.
3.If for mansions fair you sigh,
In that land beyond the sky,
After time with you has pass’d away;
Though the way you may not see,
Christ is calling, “Follow me,”
Faith and duty both will cry – Just obey.
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)