DCLM Daily Manna 28 July 2022 — Don’t Be Obstinate!
DCLM Daily Manna 28 July 2022 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi — Don’t Be Obstinate!
Click HERE for Previous DCLM Daily Manna by Pastor Kumuyi
TOPIC: Don’t Be Obstinate! (DCLM Daily Manna 28 July 2022)
TEXT: Zephaniah 3:1-9 (KJV)
1 Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
2 She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the Lord; she drew not near to her God.
3 Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
5 The just Lord is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.
6 I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.
7 I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.
KEY VERSE: “She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.” – (Zephaniah 3:2).
DCLM Daily Manna For Today MESSAGE:
Getting to learn from others and receiving instructions and guidance are the greatest privileges we have in life to improve and make advancement. So, it does us a lot of good when we have people who act as mentors, coaches and teachers and are willing to help us navigate through life so as to get the best. We do ourselves a great disservice therefore, when we choose to ignore the wise and good counsel they offer.
Also Read: DCLM Daily Manna 27 July 2022 — What We Need Is True Love
Israel as a nation had the special privilege of having the Almighty God as their Mentor, Leader and Guide. Unfortunately, they scorned the privilege, choosing to ignore His voice and walk obstinately after their own minds. They probably felt they had come of age and could manage and run their affairs without God. Consequently, God, through Prophet Zephaniah pronounced woe and severe judgment on them.
Obstinate people arrogantly feel they do not need anyone to look into their affairs and dictate to them what to do. They become defiant, self-willed and self-dependent. They are withdrawn, wanting to manage their affairs by themselves. They realise their errors when it is almost too late and pay dearly for their defiance and stubbornness.
Stubbornness is not a mark of a true child of God. Christians who are meek, lowly and humble in heart find it easy to learn, grow and be happy in life. Let us always be willing to hear, learn and take corrections and we will always enjoy divine favour and blessings. Humility pays.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Obstinacy and Christianity are no relations.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Lord, visit me with fire and purge me from all inward and outward pollutions.
- Lord, visit our priests and prophets with the spirit of repentance and recommitment to living and preaching the full truth.
- Lord, visit again your people with repentance and consecration to holy and righteous living.
- Lord, it is time to visit our country and her rulers and awake all to righteousness and justice.
HYMN: Wash me O Lamb of God.(GHS 40)
Also Read: Open Heaven 28 July 2022 – Prayers For The Church
DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)