Open Heaven 10 November 2021 – Fulfil Your Vows
Open Heaven 10 November 2021 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Fulfil Your Vows
Open Heaven 10 November 2021 TOPIC: Fulfil Your Vows
MEMORISE: Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. – Ecclesiastes 5:5
READ: Psalm 15:1-4 (KJV)
1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 29-33
Open Heaven 10 November 2021 MESSAGE:
One common and deadly habit of many 21st century Christians is making a vow and not fulfilling it. This is foolishness of the highest order. When funds are being raised for the work of God, careless children of God make very big vows ‘in faith’, that they are not able to fulfil. They justify themselves by saying “God understands!”
Ecclesiastes 5:5-6 says:
“Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?”
One of the most sensitive and delicate vows is that of the marriage covenant. People no longer accept the fact that marriage vows remain valid until death separates both the husband and the wife. They give all sorts of excuses for divorcing their spouse. One of my children normally asks such people “when you were saying ‘for better for worse’, did you put a limit to the extent of the worse you were talking about?”
Whosoever decides to end a marriage is a covenant-breaker and has failed to fulfil the wedding vow! This is why some of Jesus’ disciples exclaimed, after He explained the sanctity of the marriage vow to them “…If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.” (Matthew 19:10). Jesus replied “…All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given… He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.” (Matthew 19:11-12).
Beloved, do not be a covenant-breaker, because no such person will enter into the Kingdom of God.
Have you made any vow before the Almighty God that you have broken? Repent now, seek His forgiveness and see to it that you take the necessary steps towards amending your ways and fulfilling such vows.
The Bible says:
“But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.” – Ezekiel 33:19
Beloved, fulfil your vows.
Open Heaven 10 November 2021 ACTION POINT:
Think of all the unfulfilled vows you have made and make amends without further delay.
Open Heaven 10 November 2021 HYMN 20: Praise To The Lord The Almighty
1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, now to His temple draw near;
Praise Him in glad adoration.
2. Praise to the Lord, who o’er all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shelters thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen how thy desires e’er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?
3. Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee;
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do,
If with His love He befriend thee.
4. Praise to the Lord, who, when tempests their warfare are waging,
Who, when the elements madly around thee are raging,
Biddeth them cease, turneth their fury to peace,
Whirlwinds and waters assuaging.
5. Praise to the Lord, who, when darkness of sin is abounding,
Who, when the godless do triumph, all virtue confounding,
Sheddeth His light, chaseth the horrors of night,
Saints with His mercy surrounding.
6. Praise to the Lord, oh, let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him;
Let the Amen sound from His people again,
Gladly for aye we adore Him.
Open Heavens 2021 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
1. Admit that you are a sinner. "For all [humans] have sinned, and comes short of the glory of God....[and] the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 3:23)
2. Repent now. "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...[for] if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness " (Acts 3:19, 1 John 1:9)
3. Believe that God loves you and Jesus died for you. "God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet Sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)
4. Invite Jesus into your life through prayer of faith. Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20)